This handcrafted model is painted in the same paint scheme as the original and is painstakingly built from Philippine mahogany by our skilled craftsmen. Perfect as a gift for any aviation enthusiast and history buff!
Wing Span: 17.5
The DC-8 is a four-engined narrow-body passenger commercial jet airliner, manufactured from 1958 to 1972 by the Douglas Aircraft Company. Its main competition is the Boeing 707, and since the DC-8 was launched afterwards, it never established Douglas in a strong position in the airliner market. Its one advantage is the DC-8 design allowed it to hold slightly more cargo than the 707. The DC-8 remained in production until 1972 when it began to be superseded by much larger designs, including the DC-10 and Boeing 747. Some re-engined DC-8s remain in service as freighters. This specific model is painted in the United Airlines paint scheme.
- We ship nearly everywhere in Canada and USA, but if you want to ship anywhere else then visit our contact us page or email at Support@ShoppingZonePlus.com and contact us to arrange shipping to your country.
- You can contact us regarding a specific product using 'ASK PRODUCT QUESTION' button on the product page. Provide us your zip code, city and country to calculate the exact shipping cost.
- You can see estimated shipping cost in checkpout process after you add your address.
- Do not hesitate to contact us regarding any of our product. We try to ship anywhere in the world from our International warehouses.
- To ensure that orders being sent to rural route addresses and PO Boxes get to their proper destination, please include a physical street address, highway number and/or an emergency number when you place your order. Extra fees would be charged if the address is wrong.