In 1894 or 95, a German immigrant to the U.S. named Emile Berliner introduced a commercial version of the record player he had been developing since about 1887. The player used a disc instead of a cylinder (although Edison, Tainter, Cros, and others had anticipated the use of the disc). The record was made on a zinc disc coated with wax. Once a recording was carved into the wax, the disc was dipped in an acid solution, which ate away the disc under the groove and etched the recording into the surface of the zinc. Then, using an electroplating process, the zinc disc was turned into a stamper that could be used to produce the final recordings in large numbers by pressing the stamper into a ball of "Vulcanite" (hard rubber). He called it the "gramophone."
- We ship nearly everywhere in Canada and USA, but if you want to ship anywhere else then visit our contact us page or email at Support@ShoppingZonePlus.com and contact us to arrange shipping to your country.
- You can contact us regarding a specific product using 'ASK PRODUCT QUESTION' button on the product page. Provide us your zip code, city and country to calculate the exact shipping cost.
- You can see estimated shipping cost in checkpout process after you add your address.
- Do not hesitate to contact us regarding any of our product. We try to ship anywhere in the world from our International warehouses.
- To ensure that orders being sent to rural route addresses and PO Boxes get to their proper destination, please include a physical street address, highway number and/or an emergency number when you place your order. Extra fees would be charged if the address is wrong.