These exclusively eye-catching and heart-melting T-light holders are handmade with terracotta material and hand-painted with fine detailed Warli paintings by tribal artists from the interiors of India. Motivated from the native folk art of the Warli tribes, these earthen T-light holders have been hand embellished with Warli tribal paintings that depict scenes from their everyday lives such as men playing instruments, riding horses, hunting scenes, community living, celebration, happiness and festivities. T-light holders are available in different sizes and styles. The compact Warli design and its effectiveness with brush strokes of paints on terracotta, conveys the uniqueness of the oldest form of art in Indian history. As soon as the admirer comes in contact of these hand-painted and handmade terracotta T-light holders, they can get the feeling and experience of the scenes of tribal life that includes but not limited to their folk music, dances and festivities. This collection of hand-painted T-light holders is a pleasing story from the Indian tribal cultures, handmade with love, to bring the raw warm ethnicity of tribal life to your favorite spaces whether it can be a conservation piece for your office or your home or can be a gift for someone you love.
Story behind the collection: Warli is the name of the largest tribe found on the northern outskirts of Mumbai, in Western India. Warli folk paintings are believed to be one of the oldest form of art in history. It is a form of tribal art which owes its origin to the state of Maharashtra in Western India where is it still practiced today. Despite being in such a close proximity of the largest metropolis in India, Warli tribesmen shun all influences of modern urbanization. While there are no records of the exact origins of this art, its roots may be traced to as early as the 10th century AD. Research suggests that the tribals are the propagators of a tradition which originated sometime in the Neolithic period between 2,500 BC and 3,000 BC. Their extremely rudimentary wall paintings use a very basic graphic vocabulary: a circle, a triangle and a square. The circle and triangle come from their observation of nature, the circle representing the sun and the moon, the triangle derived from mountains and pointed trees. Only the square seems to obey a different logic and seems to be a human invention, indicating a sacred enclosure or a piece of land.
Not just art: Warli art to some extent makes us think of being environmentally conscious and finding joy in simple things of life. The Warli people lead fairly simple lives. Earlier, they worshiped nature and depended on nature for food and everyday living. They did not believe in disrupting nature or taking more than they needed. The Warli people believe in harmony between nature and man, and these beliefs are often reflected in their paintings.
Handmade Earthen Terracotta T-Light Bottle shaped handpainted warli design
- We ship nearly everywhere in Canada and USA, but if you want to ship anywhere else then visit our contact us page or email at Support@ShoppingZonePlus.com and contact us to arrange shipping to your country.
- You can contact us regarding a specific product using 'ASK PRODUCT QUESTION' button on the product page. Provide us your zip code, city and country to calculate the exact shipping cost.
- You can see estimated shipping cost in checkpout process after you add your address.
- Do not hesitate to contact us regarding any of our product. We try to ship anywhere in the world from our International warehouses.
- To ensure that orders being sent to rural route addresses and PO Boxes get to their proper destination, please include a physical street address, highway number and/or an emergency number when you place your order. Extra fees would be charged if the address is wrong.