Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Authentic 1966 Batmobile Replica Wooden Car, Mahogany Model
High quality wooden 1966 Batmobile Wooden Car model, 100% hand-made by expert craftsmen. It takes from 20 - 24 hours to make a complete product. Handcrafted from solid mahogany, consists of: rudimentary wood processing, carve, craft and cover of polyurethane (2 coats), which keeps these unique sculptures attractive for years. Movable wheels, finely detailed molding and seam details, make this model a great gift or conservation piece.
This is a very well designed detailed wooden sculpture and it is a perfect gift for birthdays, wedding anniversaries, or for any other special occasions. It can be truly a surprise gift for your friends/lovers or nice collection for your home.
We have very limited stock for this model and we make on order as well.
Size (inches): L 12 x W 4.5 x H 2.5
Weight (kgs): 1
model no: W_BAT_01
1966 Batmobile Cars History
Designed exclusively for the hit 1966 "Batman" TV show starring Adam West and Burt Ward. This automotive wonder was styled and engineered with the many different special effects innovations by Barris Kustom Industries. Originally it started off as a $250,000 1955 Ford Lincoln Futura concept car. With a deadline of 3 weeks this Lincoln was transformed into the world’s most famous car.
In 1955, the Lincoln division of Ford Motor Company designed and built a futuristic concept car called the Lincoln Futura. It was built entirely by hand in Turin, Italy at a cost of $250,000, and like many concept cars, was never put in to production. In the mid 1960's, George Barris of Barris Kustom City acquired the car for $1 directly from Ford.
Fast forward to August 1965, the Batman TV show producers approached George to have him build a new Batmobile for their upcoming show. The only catch was the car had to be ready for action in a mere three weeks. Seeing the bat-like qualities his Futura already had, George knew it was the perfect answer to the quandary 20th Century Fox had created.
In October of 1965, the Batmobile was completed and delivered to Fox where it made its television debut on January 12, 1966.
The car was such a huge success that George Barris and the producers of Batman decided to build copies of the Batmobile in late 1966. Barris and his crew pulled a mold from the #1 Batmobile and created 3 fiberglass copies. These replicas were displayed at car shows and dragstrips and also made appearances where countless fans could see them.
Over 45 years later the 1966 TV Batmobile is still one of the most iconic and popular cars in the world.
- We ship nearly everywhere in Canada and USA, but if you want to ship anywhere else then visit our contact us page or email at Support@ShoppingZonePlus.com and contact us to arrange shipping to your country.
- You can contact us regarding a specific product using 'ASK PRODUCT QUESTION' button on the product page. Provide us your zip code, city and country to calculate the exact shipping cost.
- You can see estimated shipping cost in checkpout process after you add your address.
- Do not hesitate to contact us regarding any of our product. We try to ship anywhere in the world from our International warehouses.
- To ensure that orders being sent to rural route addresses and PO Boxes get to their proper destination, please include a physical street address, highway number and/or an emergency number when you place your order. Extra fees would be charged if the address is wrong.